Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't Be Afraid of the Sun. / Gainesville Professional Photographer

I've been on a bit of a hiatus lately.  Mostly due to the fact that the mirror in my camera broke, so I had a month without anything to shoot with, but also because I just wanted the break.  It's been a great first year in business and I've enjoyed every minute of my sessions, but this is the perfect time to reflect on where I want to go from here and what I want the business to become.  It's also the perfect time for some creative inspiration, and there was no better place for me to get that than with the fabulous Shannon Sewell.  I find it pretty funny that I didn't discover her until we had moved here (she's from Portland).  Not only did I get a fun day of shooting with her, but I also finally had the chance to meet some other fabulous ladies in the area who are all wonderful photographers themselves.  I think one of the biggest things I learned from the day was that even if it's 3 in the afternoon on a bright, sunny Florida day, you can still get some nice shots.  Normally I would have been worried about finding shade, breaking out the reflector, and saying "oh my, I can't have a highlight on their face".  But Shannon wasn't the least bit phased.  So out we walked in the sand and the surf with three adorable models.  I can't wait to see what we all came up with from this shoot.  Here are a few of my favorites...













4 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

oh gosh... I love these! beautiful images :) so happy we got the chance to meet (even if it did mean switching coasts! haha) thank you for sharing the day :)

-S

Ilse said...

Love the one's on the beach ! So much fun and great toning

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love beach photos

Unknown said...

Water, sand, beach, girl, that all summer attaching me and this little girl also own some special things so she can have a chance to try the fox fur collar leather jacket and just try it please!

Post a Comment